KILLIGREW DRAMA SOCIETY CONSTITUTION
The Society shall be called “Killigrew Drama Society” (KiDS), hereafter to be referred to as “The Society”.
- To bring the Performing Arts to a young audience who may not have any other opportunity to experience this art form
- To maintain the traditions of family entertainment
- To raise funds for Killigrew School
To develop and maintain a pool of equipment and expertise to support the performance of shows at Killigrew School or other venues.
Open to all members of the local community aged 16 or over, regardless of ethnic origin, gender or disability, particularly those based around the Chiswell Green area who wish to participate in the performing arts.
5. General Business
The affairs of the Society shall be controlled by a committee comprising Chair, Secretary and Treasurer, “the Officers” elected from, and by, the Members of The Society. The Committee shall meet as and when required.
All officers shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Society from and by, the Members of the Society on a democratic basis, for a period of one year, but may be re-elected to the same office or another office the following year.
7. Payment or benefits:
Reimbursement of reasonable expenses may be paid to members. All payments to be approved by The Treasurer and one other officer.
The duties of the committee shall be:
- To control the affairs of the Society
- To keep accurate accounts of the Society’s finances through the treasurer. These will be made available for inspection by the members and should be audited before and available at the AGM.
- To maintain a Bank Account in the Society’s name requiring two named and unrelated officers to sign each cheque.
- To make decisions on a simple majority vote. The Chair shall be entitled to an additional casting vote in the event of tied votes.
9. General Meetings:
The Society will have an Annual General Meeting, open to all members, normally in February or March. As a minimum, the following items will be covered:
- Report of the Officers
- Presentation of the Accounts
- Election of Officers and other committee members
- Plans for activities in the forthcoming year
- Proposals for expenditure, including:
- Donations to Killigrew School
- Purchase and/or maintenance of assets
10. Alterations to the Constitution:
Any member of the Society may propose amendments to the constitution. A majority of the votes of all members present shall be necessary in order to approve an amendment to the constitution.
In the event of dissolution, after payment of any debts or other liabilities, the assets of the Society shall be transferred any other organisation as the Members of KiDS see fit.
Adopted by the Members at the 2016 AGM